The talented Ag of Zeldan & Festus recently tagged me as a Stylish & Versatile blogger. I'm honored. Thank you so much, Ag! You da, you da best. :o)
Here are the rules and regulations:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell us seven (7) things about yourself.
3. Award 15* other bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know that they have won.
Wow. Seven things about myself, huh? Well, let's get this rolling -
1) I am American-Nigerian. Nigerian-American. Whichever one. 1st generation. Born and raised in DC. Now live in the DC suburbs, in MD. After my 9th grade, my Dad decided that he wanted me to learn my culture a bit more. So he
2) Speaking of my fam, I'm the oldest of 3 kids. Brother is the middle child. Sister is the last born. Aaah, my sister. We've grown so close in the past couple of years. And I'm loving it. She has FANTASTIC style. (I'll be doing a style post on her in the future. So be on the look out!) She already knows this, but she inspires me. Not only with the way she manages to look stylish every single day but also how she has grown to be such a beautiful young woman . She is one intelligent, focused, determined individual. She has her annoying traits (I mean, hello, she is the last born) but I tend to overlook them. Anywho, she's the best.
3) Hi. My name is Vivi. (Hi Vivi.) And I am a BSB-holic. That's right folks, I love me some Backstreet Boys. It can't stop...it won't stop. *diddy bop* Really, though, I adore them. I have all their albums. I wasn't really a hanging-posters-on-the-wall kinda girl but I did pretty much own any and all US magazines they were featured in (except those teenybopper ones...like Tiger Beat and what have you). I'm slacking in the concerts department; only been to two. I am definitely going to their concert this summer. We're just gonna ignore the fact that they are touring with NKOTB. I can't be in love with a boy band with out having a favorite member, right? My fav is Howie. Yep, yep. Howie. Not the popular choices of Brian, AJ and, of course, Nick.
Sorry, Kevin. It was Howie. I will never forget the day BSB visited TRL promoting their "Black and Blue" album. Howie completely changed his look. He was sportin' longer locks. He looked good. Carson Daly was in awe. So much so, that he straight up told Howie that he look liked Jesus. I was dying cause pretty much it was true! The good ol' days.
My favorite BSB song:
4) I prefer watching TV shows to watching movies. I can watch 8hrs straight of Season 1 "Arrested Development" but sit me down to watch a 2hr movie and I become restless. It is what it is. My favorite shows at the moment are "Modern Family" and "Southland". But my all time favorite show is:
5) My favorite color is purple. I tend to buy items that have purple in it. I'm just drawn to the rich, royal color. It can be quite sickening at times. I'm beginning to love mustard yellow, too. But purple will always have my heart.
|Mixture of clothes, wallet, piggy bank, scarf, purse, earrings and necklaces.|
7) I love to write. I feel that I express myself better through my fingers than by my mouth. What I lack is focus. I actually had a personal blog that I never took care of (re: update). I used to write stories. I used to have diaries...then when I grew older, journals. Mind you, journal = diary. Right now, I'm taking a creative writing class to get me back into zone of picking up a pen or pencil and just letting my thoughts flow.