Just a couple of days ago, I was thinking to myself how much I've missed Bruno Mars. I mean, yeah, I could listen to his music and watch his videos anytime I want. But, like, I've missed him being on the scene. Well, he's back. And this time with Mark Ronson.
Great song. Fantastic video. Bruno is such an entertainer. I heart him.
Now, tell me again why I've yet to see him in concert? Loser, I am.
|Dress: c/o Avenue|
I recently was asked to be a Glambassador for Red Sprinkle's upcoming event and I happily took up the role. I've been in attendance at their inaugural event and last year's event; had a great time at both. Also, I've been a fan of their philanthropic work, Red Sprinkle Fashion Camp. Fashion Camp is a program that explores the great world of fashion by teaching all participants how to turn their interest in this field into a lucrative profession. The program lays out the foundation needed for future success in the fashion industry.
Well, I want to personally invite you to the 3rd Annual Pop-Up Beauty Lounge. This event will be for the lovers of fashion, beauty, and philanthropy. Get to enjoy fab services such as mini manicures, eyelash and makeup applications, hair consultations, nail decals, bites from Sushiko and &pizza, complimentary beverages, and so much more. Also on hand will be fashion and beauty vendors to get your shop on. You can enjoy all of this with a General Admission ticket purchase. If you get the VIP ticket, all of the above is included plus your very own concierge and a deluxe tote bag filled with fabulous goodies.
Sponsors for this event includes The Washingtonian, Smashbox Cosmetics, Soapbox Soaps, Shea Moisture, The District Insider, and Jamberry.
Purchase your ticket here - www.pop3eventbrite.com. Get $5 off your ticket using the code HEARTPRINTSTYLE. Please note, 50% of the event's proceeds benefits the Fashion Camp Scholarship fund.
Don't miss out!
Don't miss out!
Event: Shopaholics Suite: A Curvy Shopping Event
Where: Silver Spring Civic Building
Date: Saturday, November 08, 2014
My very first blogging event that I helped co-organize and it went pretty well. For the past couple of days, I've received lovely compliments about the Shopaholics Suite event. And for that, I'm thankful. Saturday's weather was definitely on our side despite it being nippy. But, hey, that's to be expected given the time of the year. At least it didn't rain or even worse...snow. *shudders* With Beyonce visual album providing the musical back drop, the event was buzzing with attendees who were there to shop, meet the local bloggers, and to be pampered.
What's an event without a couple of giveaways...
|Fashion to Figure reps handing out 1 of 3 gift cards.|
|Crystal was at the Aveda Institute of Washington table getting her hair did when she realized she was the winner of the $100 Simply Be e-gift card!|
|This stylish lady was the winner of our Beauty Bag consisting of Your Hair to There shea butter, a Shobha $20 voucher and Torrid Haute Cash!|
|Tosin was our grand prize winner. Some of her prizes included a Curvy CEO "Work Your Curves" sweatshirt and a Simply Be $200 e-gift card!|
Thanks to the business vendors for providing the attendees with delicious bakery goodness to devour (Leola's Bakeshop) and beautiful jewelry to view and buy (Silpada).
Thanks to our sponsors and partners: Simply Be, Avenue, Torrid (Bowie Town Center), New York & Company (Downtown Silver Spring), Fashion to Figure, Perfectly Posh, Shobha, Your Hair to There, Dressbarn (Bowie Town Center), and Aveda Institute of Washington.
The event's photographer, M. Armstrong Photography, did a wonderful job capturing the excitement of the event. To view more photos click here.
And, finally, this event would not have been possible if not for the dedicated fashion/style blogger vendors. Please visit their sites:
|(l-r): Ola, some girl, Deb, ChiChi, Jann'l, Kym, Diana and her mom (Leola's Bakeshop), Sherra (Silpada), Tekisha, Elle|
Yesterday, I presented you with the sponsors and partners for the upcoming Shopaholics Suite: A Curvy Shopping Event happening...tomorrow! Today's post shines a spotlight on the event's curvy/plus size bloggers and what each individual will be selling.
- ChiChi of Supple Chic - ChiChi brings to her readers great styling looks/tips for those who are in between straight and curvy/plus size. She'll be selling clothing in sizes 8-20 including a vintage fur coat, vintage leather jacket and a vintage silk jumpsuit. She's also bringing along shoes in sizes 10-12 and some accessories (be on the look out for a vintage Coach satchel). ChiChi is on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Deb of Real Girl Runway - Deb is a lady who knows her way around a good high retail store. At her table, you'll find shirts, jackets (including one in leather), pants, and skirts in sizes XL, XXL, 18-24; shoes in sizes 9 and 9.5. Deb can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Elle of Eat Style Play - Elle is a lover of fashion, style, and food (she's a great cook). She'll be selling items in sizes 12-18. Shoes, jewelry, and handbags will also be on deck. Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Jann'l of Girls of Plenty - Jann'l is an expert in finding that unique vintage piece. She'll be on hand to sell clothing items from ASOS, Ashley Stewart, Lane Bryant, etc and shoes in size 11 from Nine West, Jeffrey Campbell, and Sigerson Morrison. Finally, she'll definitely be selling a couple of vintage pieces. Find inspiration by following her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Kim of Curvy CEO - She may be an anonymous figure online but in-person she's bubbly and energetic. Also, she's one of the co-organizers. This corporate lady will be vending clothing items in sizes 2X and 22 - mostly dresses and sweaters. Shoes sizes will be in 11W or 11WW. Kim is on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Kym of Curvy Girl's Kitchen - This newlywed (and I'm mean newlywed...she recently got married less than 2 weeks ago!) will have dresses, tops, jeans, skirts, and shoes from well known brand names like ASOS, Ashley Stewart, Youtheary Khmer, Christian Siriano, and Lane Bryant. Clothing sizes in 16-26 and shoes in sizes 11 & 12. Catch up with Kym on Twitter and Facebook.
- Ola of Road to Fashionable - Besides being a style blogger (of course), Ola is also a designer and a freelance MUA (Makeup Artist). Clothing items in sizes 18-24, shoes in sizes 12-13, and accessories will be sold at her table. Ola makes her presence known on Instagram.
- Sherra of Ivie Rose Boutique - Sherra is one of co-organizers. She'll be selling clothing items in sizes 18-26. You can find her on Instagram.
- Vivi of Heart, Print & Style - That would be moi. Anywho, I'm also one of the co-organizers for this event. I've got a lot of stuff I'll be selling on Saturday including clothing items from ASOS, Simply Be, LL Bean, New Look and shoes from Torrid, Avenue, etc. Sizes range from L-XXL, 14-24. Shoes sizes are 10W and 10WW. I'm a huge accessories person so it murked my soul a bit to downsize my jewelry, scarves, and purses collection...it had to be done, though. But don't worry, the 'leftovers' are all in good to great condition.
Tickets are still available. Click the link to purchase: http://www.shopaholicssuite.eventbrite.com.