I'm actually doing this while at work. That's not good, huh? Ah well. Got this from a blog I follow called Taynement (www.taynement.blogspot.com). She also has a pop culture site - www.taynement.com).
Here we go!
1. Last drink: Water
2. Last phone call: My sister.
3. Last text message: Nic (www.whitneynicjames.com)
4. Last song you listened to: Dog Days Are Over, Pentatonix
5. Last time you cried: Last week. Reason? *ahem* I caught up on American Idol Top 10 selection online. Ryan went backstage to bring out the next person to make it through to the following week's live show. It was Candice Glover. She was beyond herself. Ecstatic. Jumping up and down with complete joy. And it was warranted, too. You see, she auditioned for Idol three times. THREE EFFIN' TIMES. How someone with her talent not have gone through the first time is beyond me. And last year when she got cut during Hollywood Round, I was HEATED. It's like, what in the world were the Idol producers looking for, though? Anywho, she performed her congratulatory song and, of course, slayed. The judges gave her a standing ovation, the crowd was going insane and even Ryan couldn't contain his awe. Candice was soaking everything in. It was only when Randy started proclaiming his love for Candice and her talent that she finally broke down and cried. And I, too, began to cry. I usually don't cry at stuff like this. Like my heart would swell but that's about as far as it would go. Something in me felt what Candice was experiencing. The whole scene made me realize that your dream will eventually come true. Your accolades will eventually come your way. Just never give up. Continue to strive. Have the focus and determination to believe in yourself and keep moving towards your goal. Eventually, you will be rewarded at the end. I have to remind myself every blessed day because sometimes I forget or don't even try. Hence the crying.
SIX HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice: Nah
7. Been cheated on: Nah
8. Kissed someone: Yes
9. Lost someone special: Special in terms of...
10. Been depressed: Yes
11. Been drunk and threw up: Yes. Haven't thrown up.
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLOURS:
14. Navy Blue
16. Made new friends: Yep, yep
17. Fallen out of love: Never been in love so...nope.
18. Laughed until you cried: I've laughed until I couldn't breathe. But never cried. Nope.
19. Met someone who changed you: 'Changed you' sounds...off. Inspired me? Very much so.
20. Found out who your true friends were: Yep, yep.
21. Found out someone was talking about you: Yep, yep
22. Kissed anyone on your friends list: *squints* Friends list? Nope.
23. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: What list are you talking about, man? Who makes a list of friends, though? That shit better be memorized. Anywho, I know all of my true friends in real life. ETA 09/09/16: Realized 'friends list' meant friends on social media aka the Facebooks, the Instagrams, etc.
25. Do you have any pets: Nah. Don't care much for animals.
26. Do you want to change your name: Not really a fan of my middle name, Vivian, but not enough to, like, completely change it to something else. A nickname should suffice. Like 'Vivi'.
27. What did you do for your last birthday: Birthday brunch with sis and friends. I don't do much for my birthdays. I prefer celebrating other people's birthdays than my own.
28. What time did you wake up today: 5:15am. Turned off the alarm. 5:25am.
29. What were you doing at midnight last night: Asleep.
30. Name something you CANNOT wait for: My next vacation.
31. Last time you saw your father: Yesterday.
32. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: My procrastinating ways.
33. What are you listening to right now: Carol of the Bells, Pentatonix. Yes, that's a Christmas song. And what?
34. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: Yes.
35. What’s getting on your nerves right now?: My co-workers talking loud as shit over at the next cubicle. They are watching a loud ass video, talking loudly and laughing loudly. Rude.
36. Most visited webpage: Besides my own? Probably Tom + Lorenzo (www.tomandlorenzo.com).
37. Current city: Lanham, MD. Lanham isn't a city, though. More like a town. Incorporated town.
38. Nicknames: Obiskwe, Obi-wan Kenobi, Obylicious, Vivi, Lavvie, Vivy, Horbee
39. Relationship Status: Single...ready to mingle.
40. Zodiac Sign: Libra. Best sign ever. Duh.
41. Male or female or transgendered: Female. Duh.
42. Primary School: J.G. Whittier Elementary School (DC)
43. Middle School: Robert Goddard Middle School (Lanham, MD). It's now a Montessori school.
44. High school: DuVal High School (Lanham/Seabrook, MD) and Federal Government Girls College, Owerri (Nigeria)
45. Hair color: Dark Brown
46. Long/medium/short: Medium
47. Height: 5' 5"
48. Do you have a crush on someone: Yes
49: What do you like about yourself: I get along with people pretty well.
50. Piercings: One on each ear. It used to be two but both closed up on each ear.
51. Tattoos: None. I am looking forward to having one, though. ETA 09/09/16: I now have a tattoo.
52. Righty or Lefty: I'm a lefty for everything else except writing. You know my Nigerian parents were having none of it. Writing with my left hand? Ha!
53. First Surgery: I was extremely ill as a baby. In order to feed me, my neck, ankle, stomach and right arm had to be cut open to insert the feeding tube. Celebrated my 1st birthday in the hospital.
54. First Piercing: Ears
55. First Best Friend: Jamie Wellington
56. First Sport you Joined: Double Dutch Team
57. First Pet: A fish.
58. First Vacation: Nigeria when I was like 3 or something.
59. First Concert: NFL Season Opener at the National Mall in DC. 2003. Britney Spears, Aretha Franklin, Good Charlotte and some other folks performed. And it was free!
60. First Crush: Sean. Back in 5th/6th grade.
61. Eating: Nothing. Just ate breakfast a couple hours ago.
62. Drinking: Nothing.
63. Already missing: My bed. Didn't want to come to work today. I blame the weather.
64. I’m about to: Besides finishing up this 'truths' list? Um...do a little work before lunch.
65. Listening to: Still Carol of the Bells, Pentatonix. I paused it.
66. Thinking about: 2pm. Getting off early. Woop, woop!
67. Waiting for: 2pm.
68. Want kids: Yep, yep. If I can have twins right outta the gate...forever grateful!
69. Want to get married: Most def!
70. Careers in mind: A career where I can merge my two loves: Fashion/Style and NBA. If I can somehow squeeze TV and Music in there, I'm good to go.
71. Lips or eyes: Eyes
72. Hugs or kisses: Kisses
73. Shorter or taller: Taller
74. Older or Younger: Older
75. Romantic or spontaneous: Romantic. But I'm not a corny/cheesy romantic. Never that.
76. Nice stomach or nice arms: Hmmm. Tough one. I'll go with Stomach. For now.
77. Sensitive or loud: Gosh. Another toughie. I can't deal with loud people. Sensitive people can be a bit tiring. I'll go with Sensitive. For now.
78. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship
79. Trouble maker or hesitant: Hesitant
HAVE YOU EVER:
81. Drank hard liquor: Yep, yep.
82. Lost glasses/contacts: Stay losing contacts.
83. Kissed on 1st date: Nah.
84: Broken someone’s heart: Nope.
85. Had your own heart broken: Yep.
86. Been arrested: Nope and never.
87. Turned someone down: Yep, yep.
88. Cried when someone died: Nope. I get really sad and silent but I haven't cried.
89. Liked a friend that is of the same sex: Nah.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
90. Yourself: The correct answer should be a resounding 'YES!'. But truthfully, not always.
91. Miracles: Yes
92. Love at first sight: Nah
93. Heaven: Yes
94. Santa Claus: Nope
95. Kissing on the first date: Yes
96. Angels: Yep, yep.
97. Is there one person you want to be with right now?: Yes
98. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time?: Nah
99. Wish you could change things in your past?: But, of course.
100. Are you posting this as 100 Truths?: Duh.