Since my last update, which just so happened to be my only healthy lifestyle journey post, I've been doing pretty okay. Lost weight, lost inches, gained muscle, gained energy. I see a difference in myself and folks see a difference in me. Good times all around. I will say, however, that I did hit my wall. Actually happened towards the end of last month and ending just a couple of days ago. I realized that I'm kinda over the gym. The same machines just got oh so boring. I whittled down my group classes to just Zumba (Even though the instructor, Erica Dba Empre, is fuckin' amazing and WILL kick your ass in her classes). And my eating habits started getting slightly iffy. Then the kicker: I didn't work out for six days straight. Craziness. I finally got a hold of myself this past Friday and went back to the gym and went back to the eating habits that helped me achieved my goals so far. I will increase my group classes, sign up for boot camp and maybe get a fitness trainer. Finally, and this is a HUGE finally, *takes a deep breath* I will start running. Ugh. I hate running. Ah well.
Anywho, filled out the survey, too. Read below:
1. What did you eat for breakfast? A small bowl of cereal. Rice Chex. No sugar. I don't put sugar in my cereal, anyway.
2. How much water do you drink a day? Girl, I don't know. A lot...I know that much. Yes, I'm supposed to be calculating and measuring and whatever how much I drink per day but I ain't got time for that. I'm serious.
3. What is your current favorite workout? Honestly, I don't have a favorite. I like elliptical machines and I like Zumba. Hmmm. Weight training is getting up there, though. I can see why folks are obsessed.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? Once again, me no calculate. Is that a good thing? I don't know...and I don't care. I'm sure doing so will help my weight loss go a bit faster, be a bit faster. But honestly, I'm doing pretty okay so far, so...*shrugs*
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? What's a snack? Seriously. Nah. I'm not good with snacking so I try my best not to do so.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Depends. I do try to follow a method I read somewhere, I think People Magazine. A celebrity trainer suggested to not eat any kind of carbs after 3pm. It's not as hard as it appears. I've stumbled a bit but when I was on it, there was a HUGE difference in me. So, for lunch I will add a small portion of carbs along with my vegetables/salad.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? My arms. I have huge arms. Trying to cut it down and tone it up with a quickness.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? My legs. I already have pretty sizable calves. I am NOT trying to make it bigger.
9. What are your "bad" food cravings? Cheese. Cheese. And more cheese. Are dumplings considered bad? Pasta with white sauces.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? I take Vitamin C, Multi-day and Biotin.
11. How often do you eat out? Once or twice a week.
12. Do you eat fast food? I was doing so damn good the first 6 months. Like NO kinds of fast food. Then, like I said earlier, my wall came and I stumbled. Within the wall period, I've eaten fast food four times: McDs (twice), Burger King and Wendy's. Eww.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? Everyone that asked me for an update or see the results and hit me up via text message or FB message or e-mail to share their excitement. Pretty much anyone who cares about my progress. Those are my supporters.
14. Do you have a gym membership? Yes, I do. LA Fitness (formerly Bally). I have a deal where I can work out at any LA Fitness gym in the country.
|Just an obligatory photo of myself to break up the post.|
I will say that when I wore this skirt last year here, even with the elastic waistband it was too tight.
Now? Perfect fit.
16. Do you have a 'cheat' day? I give myself one day outta the week for a cheat day. But there are some weeks where I find myself cheating more than once a week. Gotta control those urges.
17. Do you drink alcohol? Is the sky blue? Is the grass green?
18. Do you have a workout buddy? Yes. My iPod. Oh, you meant human buddy, right? Then, no. But it'll be cool to have one.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I think I mentioned it in the beginning but just gaining more energy and strength. Trust me, it does wonders. Then, of course, having items in your closet fitting properly. A nice feeling, indeed.
|One of many examples of a dress that couldn't fit me last year that fits me now.|
And by 'couldn't fit me' I mean it couldn't zip up nor it couldn't go pass my boobs.
21. What is your favorite shoes to workout in? Well, I only have one pair of workout shoes: Nike Dual Fusion TR. I guess when I start running I'll have to purchase a pair of running shoes.
22. Photo of your favorite workout outfit. Um...well, I like these leggings from Old Navy. My workout bra is Glamorise Sports Bra from JC Penney and it's fantastic. In terms of tops, don't really have a favorite. I just wear whatever.
I guess I can look back at this survey in a couple of months and see if I stuck with the positive stuff and/or changed my bad habits.
Are you currently into your own healthy lifestyle journey? Need a checkpoint to see how you're doing so far? Try out this fitness survey.