What's that amazing aroma in the air? It smells like...like...AWARDS SEASON!
Starting it off on this blog (Also, the 1st post of 2014. Whoops or Yay. Whichever one.), is the 2014 Golden Globes. The fun award show. The lighthearted award show. The laid back award show. Alrighty, I'm done. Okay, no, one more. The award show where it's encouraged to drink like there's no tomorrow. Now, I'm done. I need to be up in there one of these days. A celebrity filled party with endless drinks? C'mon. A no brainer.
The red carpet special on E! got on my last nerves solely because of Guiliana Rancic. Seriously, she needs to be fired. Why is she still there? What's her purpose? I'm confused. And I thank Elisabeth Moss for telling the world how she/we really feel about that damn Mani Cam. She placed her hand inside that stupid box and quickly turned it around to give the middle finger. *bows down*.
As expected, Tina Fey and Amy Pohler did a pretty good job hosting. And let's talk about how Tina Fey looked phenomenal in her red beaded dress. Like, WOW!
- Julia Dreyfus acting snotty because she was seated in the Film section of the room (She was nominated for her TV show, Veep, and her film, Enough Said. And since film >>> tv according
to people that just don't get iteveryone...). She was sitting next to Reese Witherspoon donning dark shades and smoking a fake cigarette. Reese took the opportunity to try and get selfie of two together but Julia shooed shooed her away. Ha! Sidenote: Film folks take up the front section of the room. The TV folks, those poor poor TV folks, sit behind them. Then the TV miniseries folks are like two miles away in the same room. Sadness personified. This gets to me every year because I prefer TV to movies and it stings to see the TV people taking 5 minutes trying to get to the stage because they are seated in Siberia. *angrily shakes fist*
- Tina Fey on Gravity: "It's the story of how George Clooney would rather float into space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age."
- Aaron Paul ending his show, Breaking Bad, acceptance speech for Best TV Drama with, "Yeah, BITCH! Thank you!" You know, one final 'Yeah, bitch!' for the road.
- Puffy acting like...well, Puffy. The dude is something else. Anywho, I don't know if many caught this but when U2 came on stage to accept their award for Best Song, Puffy approached Bono for a hug and Mr. Bono was having NONE of it. Like, none.
- Emma Thompson rolled through on stage with a drink in one hand and her pair of red bottoms in the other. She made sure to note that the red under the shoes was actually her blood.
- Amy Pohler dressed as Tina Fey's teenage son who was completely over the show and wanted to leave.
- Jacqueline Bisset won for Best Actress/Supporting Actress/whatever in a Miniseries and you would have thought she won the Oscar award or Nobel Peace Prize. She was overwhelmed with emotion, alright, but then went cuckoo and wasted what felt like 1hr giving her speech. She made no sense.
- Another person who made no sense? Diane Keaton. Dressed in her usually cool self, she took the stage to give a speech to Woody Allen, newly minted Cecil B. Demille Lifetime Achievement Award winner, who wasn't there to accept his award. Her speech was weird and confusing and the many shots of the audience revealed the same thing. The speech finally ended...with a song. Okay.
Alrighty. Let's get to this. Red Carpet time!
|Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren|
Do you NOT see the cape flowing behind her?
I'm a sucker for a cape gown.
When Gwen wore hers at the Oscars a couple years back here? Amazing.
When Fan Bingbing shut it down with hers here? Amazing.
Clearly, I need one designed in my life.
|Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive|
Beautiful dress in the front...
|...WOWZA back in the...back.|
|Margot Robbie in Gucci|
|Drew Barrymore in Monique Llhuillier|
Drew is masked in pregnancy glow and I wished I didn't have to rag on her
because she looked so beautiful but this dress is a NO. A craft project NO.
And it went downhill pretty darn quickly. The remaining worst dressed -
|Jennifer Roberts in Dolce and Gabbana|
|Paula Patton in Stephane Rolland|
|Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture|
|Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung|
There were a couple more like Amy Adams, Melissa McCarthy, and Gadborey Sidbie (I will say, I did like her dress. It just wasn't a perfect fit for her) but there are enough photos in this post.
Now, over to you guys. Did you watch the red carpet? Who was your favorite? Least? How about the show?