|Taken after my birthday brunch at Art & Soul in Oct.|
Wearing the ADR for H&M sunglasses (gifted) and trying a dark lipstick in the daytime.
It was a cool year for Heart, Print & Style. Attended quite a few events because of my blog like The Fashion of Goodwill Runway Show & Gala, Fashion, Beauty & Life (FBL) Expo and Bloggers Reception at Last Call by Neiman Marcus at Arundel Mills. HPS turned two in October and I hosted a giveaway extravaganza to celebrate. It was also my very first time hosting a giveaway on my blog. Hoping 2013 brings me more opportunities for my blog such as
|Taken after having brunch at Founding Farmers in Sept.|
Birthday brunch for the lady wearing the hot pink maxi dress.
|Taken with my camera|
|Taken with a professional camera|
While I was talking to some PTX fans, Avi (far left) approached me and asked if I was coming to their show that night. I told him, no. He asked why. At this point, Kristin (second to the left) walked over to join in on our conversation. I explained how I took PTX for granted and waited too long to buy the tickets...and it's now sold out. Kristin laughed, "Huge mistake!" I know...I know. Then Avi whipped out an envelope with a free ticket inside. He said, "Here you go", and handed me the envelope. I had the cheesiest smile on my face. My afternoon was made. (^_^) And that's how I attended their Howard Theatre show.
Another random photo.
|Taken at a family friend's wedding in August.|
With my sister.
Wearing a ASOS floral peplum dress that was too big on me so I had to sell the dress.
|Taken in front of Madison Square Garden in Oct.|
Me and my boo thang for life, Melo.
- Everybody knows of my girl crush, Gwen Stefani. But in 2012 I find myself stanning hard for Elle Fanning. Not only can she model her ass off but her style is insane...and I'm loving it. Fun Fact: She is 14 years old. Yeah. There's that.
- I tend to have one ig'nant song I enjoy per year. A couple years back it was Pretty Boy Swag. Then No Hands. But this year was just too much. It was like 2012: The Year of Ig'nant Music. I found myself grooving to Birthday Song, Fuckin' Problem and Cashin' Out. But my numero uno is Bandz A Make Her Dance.
- I love reading books! Too bad this year was an epic fail. *shudders* I'm blaming technology for this one! *avoids eye contact* I'm trying to get my back in the game and starting a bit early with There Was A Country by Chinua Achebe. I'm hoping in 2013 I'll sign up to a local book club. On the search right now.
- My favorite new show of 2012 was Nashville. The soundtrack of the show is pretty darn good, too. I still watch too much TV but I like to think I watch quality TV. *smiles*
- The Summer Olympics came and the Summer Olympics went. Read my recap here.
|clockwise: photo 1 here, photo 2 here, photo 3 here, photo 4 here|
Notice a pattern?
A new year always bring forth some new changes, right? Right. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, I have started a Facebook Page here. My first post will go up in 01/01/13. I'm pretty excited! Also, I will be more active on my Instagram page, too. I'm still pretty active on Twitter (like that's ever gonna change anytime soon). Maybe in 2013 I will finally host my very first event. Hmmm. We shall see.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! See you in 2013 when I announce the winner of my Holiday Presents giveaway. Have you entered? If you haven't, click here.